Prior Centennial Campground
Prior Centennial Campground on Pender Island offers a peaceful escape for those seeking a back-to-nature camping experience on this beautiful Gulf Island in British Columbia. Enjoy the tranquility, natural beauty, and outdoor adventures that this campground and its surroundings have to offer.
- Campsites: The campground offers a variety of campsites suitable for tents and small to medium-sized RVs. These sites are nestled within the lush forested areas, providing a rustic camping experience.
- Amenities: Visitors will find basic amenities such as pit toilets, picnic tables, and fire rings at the campsites. There are no showers or electrical hookups, which adds to the rustic charm of the campground.
- Water Access: The campground is located near Thieves Bay, providing campers with convenient access to the water for kayaking, swimming, and beachcombing.
Things to Do:
- Hiking: Pender Island offers a range of hiking trails, some of which start near the campground. Beaumont Marine Park, located nearby, is a popular spot for exploring the coastline.
- Wildlife Watching: Keep an eye out for local wildlife, including deer, eagles, and seals, which can often be seen in the area.
- Stargazing: Due to its remote location, Prior Centennial Campground is an excellent place for stargazing on clear nights.
- Relaxation: The tranquil atmosphere of the campground makes it an ideal place to unwind and connect with nature.
Local Attractions: Pender Island itself boasts several attractions, including art galleries, restaurants, and the famous Pender Island Golf and Country Club.
- Be prepared for a rustic camping experience with limited amenities.
- Remember to bring your own firewood, as it may not be readily available on-site.
- Respect local wildlife and the natural environment by practicing Leave No Trace principles.
Contact Information: For the most up-to-date information on Prior Centennial Campground, including fees, regulations, and any changes in operation, it’s recommended to contact the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve or the Pender Island Chamber of Commerce.
5714 Canal Rd, Pender Island, BC V0N 2M1