Arbutus Point Campground
Arbutus Point Campground is a serene and nature-focused destination on Salt Spring Island, known for its waterfront campsites, lush forested surroundings, and captivating coastal views. It’s a popular choice for campers, nature enthusiasts, and those seeking a peaceful retreat in a beautiful natural setting.
Key Features and Activities:
- Camping: The campground offers a variety of campsites, including tent sites and RV sites. Many of these sites are located right along the waterfront, providing campers with stunning vistas of the ocean and nearby islands.
- Beach Access: Arbutus Point Campground has its own private beach area, allowing campers to explore the shoreline, swim, or simply relax by the water.
- Wildlife Viewing: The island and its surrounding waters are teeming with wildlife. Keep an eye out for eagles, seals, otters, and a wide array of marine birds. Whale watching tours are also available in the area.
- Hiking and Exploring: Salt Spring Island offers numerous hiking trails, parks, and viewpoints. The campground itself is nestled within a forested area, making it ideal for exploring and connecting with nature.
- Kayaking and Boating: The calm waters around Salt Spring Island are perfect for kayaking and boating. Paddle around the coast or rent a boat to explore the nearby islands.
- Campsites with fire pits and picnic tables.
- Restrooms with showers.
- Potable water.
- Dump station for RVs.
- Laundry facilities.
- Campground store for basic supplies.
Getting There: To reach Arbutus Point Campground, you’ll first need to take a ferry to Salt Spring Island. Ferries operate from Vancouver Island (Swartz Bay or Crofton) and the mainland (Tsawwassen). Once on Salt Spring Island, follow the road signs to the campground, which is approximately a 15-minute drive from the ferry terminal at Fulford Harbour.
Hours and Reservations: Arbutus Point Campground is generally open from spring to fall. It’s advisable to make reservations in advance, especially during the peak tourist season and holiday weekends. Visit their website or contact the campground directly for specific opening dates and to check availability.
Note: Respect the natural environment and follow campground rules to help preserve the pristine surroundings. Additionally, be mindful of local wildlife, particularly when disposing of trash and food scraps. Enjoy the tranquility and natural beauty of Salt Spring Island at Arbutus Point Campground!
103 E Point Rd, Saturna, BC V0N 2Y0