Kissinger Lake Campground
Kissinger Lake Campground offers a peaceful and remote camping experience in the heart of British Columbia’s wilderness. Surrounded by lush forests and featuring a serene lake, this campground is an ideal retreat for nature lovers, anglers, and those seeking a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Key Features and Activities:
- Camping: The campground provides a range of camping options, including both tent and RV sites. Campers can choose from various sites, some of which are nestled among the trees, while others offer lakefront views.
- Fishing: Kissinger Lake is a fantastic spot for fishing. The lake is stocked with rainbow trout, making it a popular destination for anglers. Fishing from the shoreline or small watercraft is permitted.
- Hiking: There are hiking trails in the surrounding area, which allow visitors to explore the natural beauty and spot local wildlife. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in the wilderness.
- Canoeing and Kayaking: The calm waters of Kissinger Lake are perfect for canoeing and kayaking. Paddle around and enjoy the peacefulness of the lake and its forested shores.
- Wildlife Viewing: Keep an eye out for the diverse wildlife that calls this region home. You may spot deer, birds, and other woodland creatures during your stay.
- Campsites with fire pits and picnic tables.
- Pit toilets.
- Boat launch for non-motorized watercraft.
- Day-use area with picnic tables.
- No electrical hookups.
Getting There: Kissinger Lake Campground is accessed by road and is located in a remote area of British Columbia. It’s advisable to check a map and obtain directions before embarking on your journey. Be prepared for gravel roads in some areas.
Hours and Fees: The campground typically operates seasonally, with the camping season running from spring through to the fall. Campers should be aware of any fees associated with camping and make reservations if necessary, as some sites may be in high demand during peak seasons. It’s recommended to check with the campground’s management for specific opening dates, fees, and availability.
Note: As a remote wilderness campground, Kissinger Lake Campground offers an opportunity to unplug and connect with nature. Visitors should be self-sufficient and come prepared with all necessary supplies, including water and food. Please practice responsible outdoor ethics, including Leave No Trace principles, to help protect this pristine natural area. Enjoy your tranquil camping experience at Kissinger Lake!
N Shore Rd, Cowichan Valley, BC V0R 3E1