Thetis Lake Regional Park
Thetis Lake Regional Park is a natural oasis that offers a refreshing escape from the urban hustle and bustle of Victoria. This expansive park is known for its picturesque lakes, scenic trails, and a variety of recreational activities that cater to visitors of all ages. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely hike, a peaceful swim, or a family picnic, Thetis Lake has it all.
Key Attractions and Activities:
- Thetis Lake: The park is centered around two beautiful freshwater lakes—Upper Thetis Lake and Lower Thetis Lake. These pristine lakes are perfect for swimming, kayaking, paddleboarding, and picnicking by the shore. Lifeguards are typically on duty during the summer months.
- Hiking Trails: Thetis Lake Regional Park boasts a network of well-maintained hiking trails that wind through lush forests and offer scenic viewpoints. The Galloping Goose Regional Trail, which runs through the park, provides opportunities for longer hikes or bike rides.
- Fishing: Anglers can try their luck in both Upper and Lower Thetis Lakes, which are stocked with trout. Make sure to have the appropriate fishing license.
- Wildlife Watching: The park is home to a variety of bird species, and lucky visitors may spot eagles, owls, and other wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled while exploring the trails.
- Picnic Areas: Numerous picnic areas with tables and benches are available throughout the park, making it an ideal spot for a family picnic or a leisurely lunch amid nature.
- Restrooms and changing facilities.
- Parking lots with ample spaces.
- Seasonal concession stand (check availability).
- Information kiosks and trail maps.
Hours and Fees: The park is typically open year-round from dawn until dusk. There is no entrance fee, but parking may require a small fee during peak season. It’s advisable to visit the official website for up-to-date information on hours and parking fees.
Note: Please be mindful of park rules and regulations, including pet policies, and practice Leave No Trace principles to preserve the park’s natural beauty for future generations. Enjoy your visit to Thetis Lake Regional Park!
View Royal, BC